Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Day to Relax......................

Today when I got up, I decided I was not going to do any work, it was a nice day, and I was going to take a day off. Now if I had stayed home I would have found things that I could have been doing. Like I will take a day of relaxation, BUT, while I am relaxing I will throw a load of wash in the washer and it can wash while I am relaxing, and then I could soak a load of dishes while I am relaxing...And the first thing I know I am working and my day of relaxing is no more. So to end that problem I did not stay home. I did my relaxing outside in the warm sunny weather in a different location...one where my "work" that I know I should be doing could not call out to me.
I had a wonderful day. I kept reminding myself that I was intentionally not doing any work today..It would all be there tomorrow waiting for me, it would not run away and I could get to it then.
After I got home and had supper and watched a bit of television, I sat and caught up reading the 2 weeks of newspapers that I have not had time to read.....again not doing any real work.
Now tomorrow, well technically it is already tomorrow as it is a few minutes past midnight, I will get up and do all the work, that was there this morning...one day does not make any difference at all........
Except that I had a day to do nothing but relax and enjoy the day......

No comments:

Post a Comment