Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Snow/Sleet Day

It was supposed to start snowing at 6am. Now 3 hours later it is lightly snowing, with a combination of sleet. Stood outside my back door to see what was actually happening, the snow is softly coming down, but with it is this frozen stuff that makes crunchy sounds as it hits different objects outside. It also makes indentions in the thin snow cover where it falls.

I think I will stay home today, at least till it stops, and then think about going out after the plows have gone through and done a bit of salting. The temp, which was 35 when I got up is slowing falling.

I have all the decorating done, except for my big, almost 3 feet across pine cone wreath. It is starting to fall apart. Need to find a few more pine cones and some Elmer's  glue and fix it and then I can decorate that too.

As of yesterday all the shopping is done, am thinking of wrapping everything today, or maybe I will just sit and watch old movies. It is that kind of day.

The house could stand a bit of straightening up, and there are things that need to be put away, but do I really feel like doing that today? Not really feeling all that ambitious, and since I am done with the decorating and shopping I think I can have a day to just chill and do nothing at all.

Well I do have some hand work I need to finish, and I could do that while watching the movies.
I am also thinking a nice cup of cocoa would go well with the movie watching.

1 comment:

  1. You deserve a pat on the back for a job well done! Hope you enjoyed your snow day. We got it last Sunday - 15 inches - about worked me to death making my little paths in it to get to all my outdoor critters . Now it is starting to melt and it is a mud bath. Yuck - Yearning for Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas , my friend!

    ReplyDelete