Thursday, March 1, 2018



While cleaning and going through stuff I happened upon a box marked baby quilts, I knew the box was there, but had not really paid attention to it in maybe the last 10 years. Just never had time. So when I was going through stuff decided to open the box and see what was really in it.
I found lots of block that are finished but not yet made into quilts. Not sure exactly how I will finish them but am thinking of sashing the blocks, and adding a boarder or two. I have more than enough of the Sunbonnet Sue ones for a baby quilt, but have no desire to make more to make another quilt. So will probably find a home for the extra block
Since I only need one more of the Overall Bill ones, I may make that extra block and get 2 quilts out of that.
I did find enough material for the heart blocks to make the center heart.
I also believe there is enough fabric in there for backing, if I decided to use that fabric. Plus there is a cheater panel. Not sure what I will do with that yet. Maybe just top stitch the blocks to make it look like they were quilted, Or maybe embroider something on them. Who knows with that one.
I was going to finish them now, but have since changed my mind and will now do them this summer in the screen house.

No comments:

Post a Comment